Beth M. Emmett

www.seasonsofhome.com
Beth M. Emmett

Monday, July 9, 2012

A Great Weekend

I had a great weekend and I feel like I have been really, really, really productive. Well, I may not deserve 3 reallys but sometimes you have to give them to yourself.

I just finished 2 of the cutest aprons. One is a pattern Ann's (my mommy) for "Grandma's Summer Apron" and it was so much fun. It's a pattern that reminds mom of her grandma and for a little bit of interest I'm actually wearing a shirtwaist dress of MY grandma's, how's that for a

The second one is from Tee Designs and was cut from an antique apron made of sack cloth with fruit redwork on the pockets.


I unfortunately don't have a picture of the original but here is my version. I tried to keep with hand embroidered style on the pocket but it is of course more modern to match the yellow chevrons.

 Now, tomorrow is my second "Kid's Sewing Camp" and I'm totally excited. We just added another one in August to the schedule so come sign up! It's a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment