Beth M. Emmett

www.seasonsofhome.com
Beth M. Emmett

Monday, June 18, 2012

My Grandmother's Garden

 This blog is for my Grandma who doesn't always get to see her flowers in full bloom.
 There are peonies everywhere. I could spend all day looking at each one of them, and I'd consider it a day well spent.



 This pretty white peony with a hint of red in the center was especially beautiful draped over the fence post.
    This is my and my Grandma's garden. We helped plant it this year, me and Jack, 5, Lily, 3 and Isabel 1. After 30 minutes of very good/hard work Isabel felt she should have all of the corn to spread wherever she wanted it to go. So there was another 30 minutes of crying, but it only took an hour to do the spring planting. The second planting we did, the kids stayed at my sisters for the morning while I went to work. I really enjoy getting dirty when I know the wonderful things that are going to grow.

And yes, I do live in a beautiful place!

1 comment: