Beth M. Emmett

www.seasonsofhome.com
Beth M. Emmett

Saturday, July 16, 2011

First Quilt Success


I recently had the pleasure of teaching and helping my sister-in-law, Heidi, start her first quilt. She's never done one before but was totally in love with "Oh MY!" by Sanae for moda so she wanted to make a quilt for her bed. My brother came by Seasons of Home and actually helped us pick out fabric, he's pretty awesome. The pattern is Amy Ellis' "Posie Patch" from Modern Basics and is one I just did with my beginning quilting class. It is so fun and easy and it comes together so fast. It's a great introduction to quilting. We cut the squares bigger than called for, the pattern is layer cake friendly so 10 in. squares but we did ours 13 1/2 because they wanted it big.


I'm so jealous. This has been one of my favorite fabric lines but I haven't done anything out of it yet and our bolts are getting low. Stock up now if you like this line because it's almost through. Love it!

Oh, actually I'm making a skirt out of this fabric but it's not done yet, just all cut up and waiting for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment