Beth M. Emmett

www.seasonsofhome.com
Beth M. Emmett

Monday, May 23, 2011

Fasset-abulous


My mom bought me this quilt kit 3 years ago and 2 kids ago. I was really pumped and got it all cut out and most of the triangles pieced together but I stopped and never got it done. This is really a labor of love because although I think Kaffe Fasset, the fabric designer, is wonderful and his designs are great, my mom has loved his stuff for 20 years and always comes home from Houston (International Quilt Festival) with more Kaffe. He's a household name in our household.

And it's huge, 72 x 54, so I'm going to add a 4 in. border pieced with these great Kaffe solid scraps my mom had and a larger border out of what I don't know. Seasons of Home gets Kaffe's line in the store in October but I don't think I can wait that long. I think I'll pick out something coordinating.

Speaking of Kaffe Fasset's solids, you may think all solids are created equal but with modern quilters using more solid fabrics, Kaffe is the only way to go. They are stunning.

and here's a closeup
They have beautiful striations with other colors woven in for a really beautiful but still simple, solid look. My quilt is actually going to be more beautiful because of the border. Seasons of Home will be stocking these solids starting in August so come and see them in person.

1 comment: