Beth M. Emmett

www.seasonsofhome.com
Beth M. Emmett

Friday, December 16, 2011

Pillows and Christmas





Here are two pillows I made last night for my newly slipcovered couch.

This first one is made out of a wall hanging Ann made for me. I'm really excited that it turned out so well as a pillow because I didn't have anywhere to hang it. I had to finagle it a little bit because it was 20 X 24 and the pillow form was 22 X 22. The 20" width was fine and the length I compensated for by stitching it across the bottom, it's actually hard to explain but all I had to do was sit down and figure it out and it turned out perfect. I used the binding as a makeshift cording and just top stitch the back onto it sewing in the binding seam. Love it!

 
I got the idea for the tree pillow from BHG Christmas Ideas issue. I was really cute in the magazine and I probably should have done it exactly like they said to but I couldn't find a pillow that size so I had to use a 22X 22 pillow form for what was supposed to be a rectangular pillow. Oh well, I might have to add some trim around the gray seam or just take another inch or two out of the top and bottom to get a rectangular look.

Lesson learned- always, ALWAYS make your pillow case smaller than the pillow form by at least an inch. Make a 21 inch pillow case for a 22 X 22 inch pillow or else you'll be unhappy with the floppy fit.

Seasons of Home Update- ON THE 5th DAY OF CHRISTMAS All American Jane and Mary Engelbreit fabric is 30% off today and in oiur gift department, all plush animals are 30% off.

No comments:

Post a Comment