Beth M. Emmett

www.seasonsofhome.com
Beth M. Emmett

Monday, August 22, 2011

Get It Done!

I felt so inspired to finish some projects this weekend that I got them all out and made a pile.

The reason for this extra enthusiasm is that I'm moving in 3 weeks. Yay! So finishing means being able to put these beautiful things in their places in my new home.

This awesome wall hanging was a class at Seasons of Home and it was a lot of fun with a really great teacher you might know from Riley Blake's online tutorials, Deonn Stott. It was fun and fast. The curves are done using half square triangles that you... well, just take her class. She's teaching it again on October 19 during the evening. Details are online and you can call the store if you're interested in signing up.

The next project I finished is one that wasn't even mine to begin with. I recently got a few antique quilts from a friend and I really felt the need to not only finish them but to use them. This was one of the prettiest and most colorful, she calls it the "bubble gum" quilt and it's so cute that I'm keeping the name. I think I'll have Natalia from Piece N Quilt stitch in the ditch to keep the antique style of the quilt.
The last border was only basted on with edges left to do mitered corners. So I got out Sandy Klop's "Quilts for all Seasons and Some For No Reason" which has really great instructions for most of the things you need to do with a quilt, and reread the instructions for the corners. I think they turned out pretty well although the previous border was quite off. It's very homey feeling though.

The last picture is my favorite print from this quilt.

And because my iPad wouldn't post this blog last night and I had to retype it tonight, this last project got finished. All I had to do for this antique quilt (from the same friend) was resew the binding on the back. It was a little difficult because the fabric is so pressed down it was hard to get my needle into the binding and the background fabric was kind of tough to get through. It's a really pretty bow tie summer quilt and it's going somewhere I can show it off.

It's been a really good few days for this quilter.

2 comments:

  1. I love your quilts! Good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've had a productive few days, and should be quite satisfied and happy with all you've accomplished... hope your move goes smoothly...

    ReplyDelete