Beth M. Emmett

www.seasonsofhome.com
Beth M. Emmett

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy Fourth of July

Busy and loving it. I went spring skiing at Snowbird on the fourth of July. I may even get pictures of it at some point. The kids had a great time eating watermelon and shooting off fireworks. We have been having wonderful electrical storms. I love thunder and lightening and Heber is the perfect place for them. With family, food, and skiing I could have written this week off but I've still been doing lots of projects.

Here is my 2nd "Bloom" pillow. Since the other one is still in the store, I made myself this one. I think I'll give one away in a few month, if I can bear to give it up.

I've been wanting to make this simple blanket for a few months but have simply had too much before it on the list. My sister-in-law is coming this week though and she's prego, so it wanted to give her something to take home to Oregon to get her through the last month and a half of pregnancy. Hard times, but those babies are well worth it.

I got a beautiful blue minkee for the back and have chosen to go no batting in the middle. The polka dots will be the binding. Here are a few choice items I used as templates for my circles.

Sooooooo simple. Just do it. Starch your fabric 5-6 times and then trace your circles on the back of the fabric. Cut your flannel for the base fabric about 30 by 35 or bigger! Pick whatever size you want. This will be a small baby blanket so there's where I got my sizing. Lay out your circles and move them around until you get the placement that looks right and then blanket stitch around them with your sewing machine. Have fun with it. This is a great project for that crazy fabric you haven't been able to use yet. Let me know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment