Beth M. Emmett

www.seasonsofhome.com
Beth M. Emmett

Friday, January 28, 2011

Inspiration



I'm INSPIRED! Winterfest at Daniel's Summit was awesome. I took two applique classes and both were totally great and the projects are something I really, really want so I'm going to stick with it. I think hand applique is kind of fun and with practice you can get pretty fast at it. I was getting frustrated looking at quilt patterns because I'm drawn to the ones with applique, so now there is no excuse to not make those fabulous quilts. That's my tiny basket, one of 200 or so. Yikes. The other is Shelly's beautiful "Blessing Baskets" that you have to see to appreciate, it's beautiful.

There was one project that Paula showed us that really got my creative juices flowing.
It's her childhood. The farm where she grew up, her neighborhood, her family, children in sleeping bags. I immediately started thinking of what I would do. It was perfect.

Also at Winterfest I bought a new sewing case. I think you can see why I couldn't resist it.

1 comment: